Lesson Study Alliance
Lesson Study Alliance is dedicated to enriching the professional lives of teachers and the academic lives of students by supporting the effective use of Lesson Study, especially in mathematics. Lesson Study Alliance is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation based in Chicago.
About Lesson Study
Lesson Study is a structured process for teachers to work together to discover solutions to common teaching-learning challenges. The members of Lesson Study Alliance help teachers and schools implement an especially powerful form of Lesson Study called Collaborative Lesson Research, or CLR.
Our activities include:
- hosting the international Chicago Lesson Study Conference
- hosting smaller conferences and training sessions for teams of teachers;
- facilitating and giving final comments for research lessons;
- providing site-based professional development, including knowledgeable other services; and
- supporting and distributing LessonNote, a free iPad application used in classroom observation and discussion.
Contact us at info@LSAlliance.org or 773-888-3404.
Tom McDougal handles the day-to-day business of Lesson Study Alliance. Dr. Akihiko Takahashi contributes his expertise by giving talks and serving as a knowledgeable other. But the most important work is done by the hard-working teachers who design and teach public research lessons, assist with the annual conference or summer workshops, and more.